Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ve probably heard of CBD oil at some point in the past few years. You can find CBD oil in various retail spaces in Canada, including at your local cannabis dispensary. So, if you’ve been searching for ‘CBD near me,’ there are many places you can shop for this wonder-remedy.
But what exactly is CBD oil? What does it do in the body, and what benefits can you get from it?
In this article, we take a deep dive into the science behind CBD oil, how it works, and how to choose the right CBD oil for your needs. Look now to find out the answers to all of your burning questions about CBD oil.
What is CBD Oil?
CBD oil, or cannabidiol oil, is a remedy that comes from extracting CBD from cannabis and mixing it with a carrier oil, like hemp seed oil. CBD is one of two main cannabinoids found in cannabis–the other being THC (tetrahydrocannabinol).
While THC is responsible for the main psychoactive effects of cannabis, CBD does not have any of these properties and doesn’t get you ‘high’. Unlike cannabis itself, CBD is legal in many countries around the world, provided the product has only a tiny percentage of THC.
CBD oil has many therapeutic benefits and has been used to improve pain, mood, immune function, and more. It can be found as an oil, a topical balm, in gummies, in vape pens, in drinks, and much more. So, if you’re looking for CBD oil in North York, you’ll likely find it in a product suitable for your tastes!
How CBD Oil Interacts With The Body
CBD, like all cannabinoids, is believed to interact with the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS). This system plays a role in maintaining homeostasis and, by extension, psychological processes, including pain, mood, appetite control, and immune function.
Unlike THC, CBD does not bind to the receptors in the ECS. Instead, it modulates the activity of the receptors. CBD does not produce euphoria or any of the other psychoactive effects that THC does. It is important to remember that CBD is not cannabis but one part of it. This means that the experience of CBD will not be the same as when consuming cannabis.
What Potential Benefits Can CBD Oil Offer?
CBD is incredibly popular because it is thought to have many potential benefits. It can be ingested, inhaled, and applied topically as well. But what are the possible benefits?
We’ve highlighted the potential benefits below. Please remember that these benefits require more research, and none have been conclusively proven. Research is still ongoing on the definite benefits of CBD, and those listed below are only potential benefits.
- Stress relief
- Some pain issues
A Note On CBD’s Benefits
It is always important to note that research into CBD oil is in its very early stages. This means that research is still ongoing, and none of the benefits of CBD have been proven beyond a doubt. Bear this in mind if you’re considering using CBD to manage symptoms.
What Are the Different Types of CBD Oil?
Now that you have a better understanding of CBD oil and how it can help you, you might be wondering what different types of CBD oil you can get and what each of them does for you. We’ve gone into detail about a few CBD products you can find in your local cannabis store and what they do.
Remember that CBD differs from cannabis products and does not contain THC. If you’re looking for a product that offers milder effects than cannabis, CBD is the best choice.
Full-Spectrum CBD Oil
This kind of CBD oil contains a wide variety of different cannabinoids. It contains CBD, trace amounts of THC, and several other beneficial compounds, including terpenes, flavonoids, and other cannabinoids.
The idea of this CBD oil is to offer the ‘entourage effect’, where different compounds work together to produce overall therapeutic effects.
Broad-Spectrum CBD Oil
This is similar to full-spectrum CBD oil, but it typically goes through a process where all traces of THC are removed. So, this is effectively a THC-free option for people looking to avoid this cannabinoid altogether.
Broad-spectrum CBD still contains other beneficial compounds, like other cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids.
This is the purest form of CBD oil. All other compounds have been removed, and only CBD is left over. If you want pure CBD and nothing else, then choosing CBD isolate oil is the best option.
Hemp Seed Oil-Infused CBD Oil
Hemp seed oil itself doesn’t contain much CBD, but it does contain fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals. This CBD oil is excellent for providing additional nutritional benefits to the user. CBD oil is simply blended with hemp seed oil to make this product.
CBD Oil with Added Terpenes
Terpenes are found in many plants and are aromatic compounds. They can be found in the cannabis plant and contribute to the flavours and scents of different cannabis strains. Some CBD oil products are formulated using terpenes to mimic strains of cannabis and enhance the overall benefits.
How to Choose the Right CBD Oil
With so many products available at your local North York dispensary, you’re likely to feel slightly overwhelmed by the choice regarding CBD oil. So, we’ve made it a little easier for you with a quick guide to finding the right CBD oil for your needs.
- Determine why you’re using CBD oil: CBD oil has many benefits, so you need to know what you’re using it for. Once you’ve worked out what it is you want from CBD oil, you can move on to the next step.
- Choose the type of oil: We’ve gone over several types of CBD oil in the article. Our guide gives you a firm grounding for what you can expect from the range of CBD oil in your local cannabis dispensary. Take a look and work out which kind you think sounds best. Do you want pure CBD, or do you perhaps want something broader?
- Testing, extraction, and more: CBD can be extracted in many ways. You may find that you want CBD from CO2-extracted methods, or you may not care. Either way, this is something to consider. You should also ensure that the supplier undergoes third-party testing by independent labs to verify the profile of cannabinoids in the product.
- Consider the formulation and delivery method: CBD oil has many formulas. For instance, you can get it in tincture form to be dropped under the tongue and taken sublingually. You can also find it in edible format, in vape pens, and as capsules. The possibilities are endless. Consider which option you’d like best.
- Reviews, reputation, and more: Ensure that when you’re buying CBD products, you check out all the product reviews.
- Speak with a health professional: If you’re taking CBD oil to help with a medical condition, speaking with your doctor is imperative. They will help you understand any risks and interactions with medication which may occur when using CBD oil.
Note: If you’re struggling to choose a CBD product, the shop assistants in cannabis dispensaries are likely to have some expert advice. Ask them for recommendations and suggestions!
CBD oil is an incredibly popular herbal remedy. While CBD is increasingly used in various formats, you must speak with a healthcare professional before using it and understand that research is in its very early days.
If you’re on the hunt for CBD products in the North York area, then check out the inventory at Qunubu Cannabis now. We have various CBD products and a helpful team ready to assist you.